Saturday, June 2, 2007

(sighs)

Well, pictures are a bit later than usual because my Canon CanoScan Scanner is not cooperating with my new compy, as I have feared. I *do* have some pictures via my digital camera, but I *really* wanted to post those in addition to the scans I need to do. Yeah...I'm picky like that. That said, I am doing the best I can...the wait may be worth it, 'cause if I win what I have my eyes/mind focused on eBay, a couple of rather hard to find Ronnie goodies may be coming soon.

Not to mention that I already have one hard to find Ronnie goodie on its way...all I'll say is that it also features one of the greatest coaches AND more interesting characters in NHL history, along with some other classic NHLers.

Last, but certainly not least, Mr. Francis remains hard at work as the Carolina Hurricanes' Director of Player Development, as evidenced by this article, about a Canes prospect from South Florida, and quotes featured in it...

"In February, Ron Francis, the former star NHL player who is the Hurricanes' director of player development, visited Notre Dame to scout defenseman Kyle Lawson, whom Carolina took in the seventh round in 2005. Francis was impressed with Babin and returned to watch him for a second consecutive night. Then Francis had two other scouts watch him. Everyone liked him.

"He caught my attention right away because he skates so well," said Francis, who compared him to veteran Hurricanes defenseman Bret Hedican."

"The way Noah skates and the way he handles the puck," Francis said, "that's what you're looking for in the new NHL."

Current Music: "Stone Free" by Eric Clapton

Labels: , , , , , ,


     |