Tuesday, March 6, 2007

AT LONG LAST: Site Update For March 6th, 2007 and Collection Updates For February 23rd and 24th, and March 2nd and 5th, 2007

Did I say site and collection updates were coming ASAP? Oops...looks like I fibbed a little there. But, I think I've done pretty well, considering everything I had to go through and scan. And that everything included...

- The 1993-94 Pittsburgh Penguins Highlight Tape

- The 1994-95 Penguins Shop 'N Save Calendar

- A 2006-07 In The Game Heroes and Prospects "Silver" Memorabilia Used Jersey Card

- An issue of The Hockey News where Ron was named Player of the Week!

- A Junior Hockey Magazine released right before Ronnie became a Whaler AND NHLer for good.

- EIGHT Ice Time Programs

- And, TWENTY-SEVEN Penguins Report Newspapers!!

Yes, you read that right...twenty freakin' seven editions of the Penguins Report newspaper, primarily from the 1996-97 and 1997-98 seasons. Folks, twenty-seven issues is A LOT. In addition to cleaning and spiffying up the website here and there, I had to scan each and every one of those in both senses of looking for articles about and/or pictures of Ron AND scanning the pictures, if there were any, to save in my computer's archives.

Anyway, for the wait I've put y'all through, I will make sure you get paid handsomely in the form of pictures from and of the newbies in my collection...AND ALSO the Ron Francis Day ticket and program I promised over a year ago...just check out the post above this one, coming later today.

Current Music: "Stars In Your Eyes" by Chieli Minucci

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


     |